Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Moran 285 posts 934 karma points
    Dec 12, 2022 @ 19:03
    Moran

Deploying umbraco 10 to azure web app

Hi I am trying to upload my umbraco 10 installation to azure. Can I upload umbraco to azure with SQLite? I looked at the documentation but it is not mentioned whether I can use SQLite.

Dec 16, 2022 @ 07:36
    Moran

SQLite can't be used in umbraco for the azure environment; I set up an Azure SQL database and used usync to manage the sync between them

• Richard Jackson 17 posts 127 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2023 @ 09:29
    Richard Jackson

Morning! I didn't know this was the case. Do you know why? TIA!

• Gordon Smith 21 posts 103 karma points
    Mar 12, 2023 @ 13:25
    Gordon Smith

SQLite can be used for Umbraco with Azure. We have several websites running this configuration.

Feb 07, 2023 @ 10:26
    Moran

I think it's something to do with how Azure handles the storage on app services.

The biggest hint that SQLite is only for the development environment was the fact that the SQLite connection sting is in the appsettings.Development.json

Feb 09, 2023 @ 15:34
    Gordon Smith

I'm trying to find information about SQLite on Azure. Can you point me in the direction of the documentation that says it can't be used in production?

Feb 09, 2023 @ 17:20
    Moran

I couldn't find the link. Sorry. I will change my answer to the azure environment only. Maybe on other hosting providers, SQLite will run OK.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Feb 09, 2023 @ 18:19
    Yakov Lebski

I believe you can use AZURE with SQLite but it will be single application without option to scale

Feb 09, 2023 @ 18:54
    Gordon Smith

I'm going to try it :-)

We have a small website for which SQLite would be appropriate, if it works.

I will report back.

• Thomas Bæk 4 posts 24 karma points
    1 week ago
    Thomas Bæk

Did you get it to work and how did it perform? Cannot find anything on SQLite and Azure anywhere :)

1 week ago
    Gordon Smith

We did try it and it did work.

The SQLite database is stored in the filesystem within the website.

However we had problems with stability - the site crashed once every couple of weeks with the SQLite database being corrupted as the culprit. In every case we were able to get the database back online again.

This kind of thing doesn't happen with SQL Server so we have gone back to that.

I would not personally recommend using SQLite for anything but a development site or the tiniest of blog sites, although other users report perfect stability and performance on large multi-user sites.

Gordon.

• Thomas Bæk 4 posts 24 karma points
    1 week ago
    Thomas Bæk

Okay .. Thank you for the reply and insight!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft