Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Dec 13, 2022 @ 16:39
    Gordon Saxby

Create a Nuget package that adds a Custom Dashboard

I am working on some code that will be used by multiple projects and as well as being a class library, it also needs to have / create a custom dashboard.

How do I go about doing that? I have a project for the class library, but how do I create the dashboard so that it can be included in the Nuget package?

My assumption is that I will need to add an Umbraco project to my class library solution so that I can create the dashboard. Then I package the class library and dashboard parts into a Nuget package? Is that generally correct?

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 14, 2022 @ 09:22
  • Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Dec 20, 2022 @ 21:48
    Gordon Saxby

Thanks for your reply and the links, Huw. Could you also tell me if my assumption, below is correct or not please.

My assumption is that I will need to add an Umbraco project to my class library solution so that I can create the dashboard. Then I package the class library and dashboard parts into a Nuget package? Is that generally correct?

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 20, 2022 @ 22:51
    Huw Reddick

Not necesarily,

If all you need are some classes and a some dashboard files in App_Plugins folder, you can just create a new project using the Umbraco package template, your code and dashboard files then go in that project and you can just pack it to create your nuget package.

So it really depends on what needs to be packaged up to go with your dashboard.

• Luuk Peters 82 posts 322 karma points
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 12:49
    Luuk Peters

Like Huw Reddick says: install the Umbraco templates and use the template for a new Umbraco package: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/install/install-umbraco-with-templates.

When you use the template, it will already contain a AppPlugins folder and a required .targets file that copies the content of AppPlugins to the consuming application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft