Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Dec 18, 2022 @ 00:26
    jonok

How to upgrade from V10 to V11?

I am wondering is anybody can assist me with updgrading from V10 to V11? I am trying to do this on a hosting server and it doesn't have Visual Studio installed. I have previously been installing and upgrading V10 on the server using these command line commands:

dotnet add package Umbraco.Cms.Core
    dotnet add package Umbraco.Cms
    dotnet add package Umbraco.Cms.SqlCe
    dotnet restore
    dotnet build

These are the errors that I am seeing:

C:\websites\ProjectName\Startup.cs(32,22): error CS1061: 'IServiceCollection' does not contain a definition for 'AddUmbraco' and no accessible extension method 'AddUmbraco' accepting a first argument of type 'IServiceCollection' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\websites\ProjectName\ProjectName.csproj]
    C:\websites\ProjectName\Startup.cs(51,17): error CS1061: 'IApplicationBuilder' does not contain a definition for 'UseUmbraco' and no accessible extension method 'UseUmbraco' accepting a first argument of type 'IApplicationBuilder' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [C:\websites\ProjectName\ProjectName.csproj]

Would I be better off installing a new Umbraco 11 website, and then copying my files and settings into this?

• jonok 297 posts 658 karma points
    Dec 18, 2022 @ 03:54
    jonok

Worked out the solution - I just created a new V11 website, and then copied over my settings and views etc from the publish folder in the V10 site, and then it all went smoothly.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft