Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Marsh 1 post 21 karma points
    Dec 19, 2022 @ 11:11
    Daniel Marsh

when I run my project using vs on local host I get directed to the install umbraco page but when I fill out the text input boxes and click install I get an error...

the error displays...

Install Error. All ready Initialised. check log files for more information.

I'm using SQLite as the database and have cloned the project from a GitHub repository so I know the project code is sound (its part of a test/ challenge I was given by my employer to complete but cant even get into the Backoffice to start the challenge.) I have no clue how to solve this issue so any help or ideas are helpful. ps. I'm new to umbraco :/

• Luuk Peters 82 posts 322 karma points
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 16:00
    Luuk Peters

When you created the project in Visual Studio, you probably selected a Development database type in the 'Additional information' screen that shows installation options for Umbraco.

This creates a connectionstring in the appsettings.development.config. However, only when using unattended installation will this work. I've made this mistakes many times already ;)

The solution is to simply delete the entire "ConnectionStrings" section from the appsettings.development.config and try again. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's really annoying. I was thinking about filing a bug report but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft