Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lorenzo 2 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 19, 2022 @ 11:24
    Lorenzo

Models Builder GetModelContentType() in Umbraco 11

I am in the process of migrating my Umbraco 8 site to 11, when I generate my models and try to use the GetModelContentType() static extension method in some of my views, like I was doing on 8 and like it is shown on the new docs for the example TextPage generated model

var contentType = TextPage.GetModelContentType(); // is a PublishedContentType

I get an error, as the method is expecting the IPublishedSnapshotAccessor parameter.

There is no argument given that corresponds to the required formal parameter 'publishedSnapshotAccessor' of 'HomePage.GetModelContentType(IPublishedSnapshotAccessor)'

Am I missing an additional reference or namespace I need to add?

• Luuk Peters 82 posts 322 karma points
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 12:35
    Luuk Peters

I'm curious what you are trying to do. Why do you need the model content type? I'm asking, because maybe there is a different way to achieve what you want to do :)

• Lorenzo 2 posts 72 karma points
    Jan 14, 2023 @ 20:21
    Lorenzo

Hi Luuk,

I know this is really old now, I have not had the chance to come back to this for quite a long time. I was trying to use the GetByContentType method from the IPublishedContentCache, that takes a IPublishedContentType as a parameter. The following code is what was working for me in Umbraco 8.

using (var umbContextReference = _umbContextFactory.EnsureUmbracoContext())
        {
            IPublishedContentCache content = umbContextReference.UmbracoContext.Content;
            var sessions = content.GetByContentType(Schedule.GetModelContentType()).ToList();
        }

You can use it now if you inject the IPublishedSnapshotAccessor and then pass it as a parameter.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft