Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terence Jee 16 posts 87 karma points
    Dec 19, 2022 @ 15:57
    Terence Jee

Umbraco Forms Security Bug

We're having some issues with Umbraco Forms security. After upgrading Umbraco Forms (7.2.1 to 7.5.9) and Umbraco (7.15.3 to 7.15.8), it seems that users that content editor users (Content, Media, Forms) can no longer access forms. When they click on "Forms" they get bumped to the login page with an authorize access error (when I checked the logs). The full admin users can access Forms no problem.

I did a quick test and slowly started adding access to other sections until they stopped getting bumped from the Forms section. Only after I granted this group "Users" access, do they stopped getting bumped out of "Forms". Is this a bug or the intended behavior?

• Allan Joey Laluan 4 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 04, 2023 @ 08:01
    Allan Joey Laluan

We also encountered the same issue but using the version 7.5.10. Hoping that someone from UmbracoForm team investigate this issue.

• Terence Jee 16 posts 87 karma points
    Jan 05, 2023 @ 02:56
    Terence Jee

The response I got was that they are not supporting that version of Umbraco anymore and to upgrade Umbraco to a later supported version. I installed a vanilla version of of the same version and everything seems to work, so there is a possibility that there's a 3rd party package installed that is causing this (as this install in particular does have some 3rd party packages that I don't know too much about).

Anyways, my only solution was to revert UmbracoForms back to their original version (7.2.1) and that seems to have fixed this issue. But I didn't have a direct solution for this.

• Allan Joey Laluan 4 posts 75 karma points
    Jan 05, 2023 @ 03:18
    Allan Joey Laluan

Thanks Terence. I guess downgrading is the only solution at the moment.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft