Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kåre Mai 29 posts 207 karma points
    Dec 20, 2022 @ 13:57
    Kåre Mai

Dropdown functionality with complex data types

Hi,

I have a problem that i can't seem to find a good solution for:

We have a list of experiences that all need to be categorized from pre-made categories.

These categories consists of a multi language supported text label and a text box with a font awesome icon name.

The categories need to be defined in a list or dropdown or the most fitting editor. A content editor person should then be able to choose from these categories when creating an exhibit.

I can't seem to find a good solution for this. A dropdown can only contain text.

What i need is a dropdown that could contain pre-filled complex data types. Something like a dropdown where you could add element types instead of just writing a text string and then fill data in these element types.

Anyone who has a good idea on how to achieve this?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2022 @ 14:28
    Nik

Hey Kåre

I would highly recommend looking into the Contentment Package. It is highly flexible, especially the Data List editor. You can create your own data source and also your own View I believe. This would aid you in creating your own property editor based on Contentment to give the behaviour you are after.

Nik

• Kåre Mai 29 posts 207 karma points
    Dec 20, 2022 @ 15:44
    Kåre Mai

Hi Nik,

That's actually a nice package! Thanks for the info.

I solved my problem with the built in Content Picker which covered all my needs for this task.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft