Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• facilemariappan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 10:09
    facilemariappan

On upgrading jQuery & Tinymce versions

Hello Umbraco.

I am using Umbraco.Core v10.0.1. And I am creating a tesing CMS application.

The current version of Umbraco is using jQuery.UI 1.13.1 version and Tinymce 4.9.11 version.

And I like to use latest version of both the plugins like jQuery UI 1.5.1 and Tinymce 5.9.

Could you please help me on how to do this.

Thanks in advance, Mariappan L A

• Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 13:42
    Huw Reddick

I'm not sure it is possible, while you could technically replace the files inside the umbraco folder (once the site is published) they would get overwritten every time you published.

• Luuk Peters 82 posts 322 karma points
    Dec 21, 2022 @ 16:08
    Luuk Peters

In Umbraco 10, most files are no longer in the Umbraco folder because Umbraco 10 uses a Razor Class Library for it's NuGet package. This eliminates the need for having all those static Umbraco files in your solution. It makes it easier though to override the files without the risk of getting overridden back by the Umbraco version.

However, I'm not sure if it will work, do it at your own risk. Umbraco 11 has updated TinyMCE to version 6, maybe use Umbraco 11?

But why do you want to update those dependencies? You can use your own versions for the frontend? So why is there a need to update the backend dependencies?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft