Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Jan 03, 2023 @ 10:32
    Niels Lynggaard

Setting max upload file size on Azure

Hi guys.

I have a wierd problem with an Umbraco 10 site hosted in Azure. I'm trying to enable larger uploads to the media library as per the documentation here; https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/configuration/maximumuploadsizesettings ... E.g setting the maxrequestlength in appsettings.config.

However, this doesn't quite do the trick as the console tells me "The page was not displayed because the request entity is too large"...

Googling this, I found someone else having the same issue on both cloud & azure here; https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/12239 where the solution seems to be to also have a web.config file with these settings as well.. I tried that but I still cannot upload files larger than 60 Mb (default value)... Any ideas on getting this to work correctly on Azure as well?

• Kåre Mai 28 posts 186 karma points
    Feb 08, 2023 @ 16:58
    Kåre Mai

I have the same issue. I have not configured any limitation in Umbraco but when i try to upload a video with the Media Picker i get: "Error: File too large to upload". This is with a video mp4 file of 39.8MB.

• paul 11 posts 101 karma points
    Feb 21, 2023 @ 13:06
    paul

Same, but not cloud / azure.

Also uploading a picture in the media section in the CMS (as a possible work-around...) gives the same error when using the Multiple Media Picker:

enter image description here

Both changing appsettings.json or appsettings.Production.json (defining MaxQueryStringLength and MaxRequestLength, google also sent me to github) does not resolve the issue.

The Umbraco Documentation gives a similar sollution as github.

Umbraco Learning Base on YouTube does not mention filesize restriction.

I have the feelings this is something very basic, thus simple. I'm not looking for a work-around. Preferably I would like good appsettings (dev and prod) so these settings make sense.

Tnx!

edit: Umbraco 11.1.0

edit 2: Oki for me the answer was right there, on the Umbraco Documentation website. It linked me to nginx. I had to specify:

client_max_body_size 100m; 

in nginx.conf. I guess the answer will be similar in azure, that is, change the iis settings. Kind regards!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft