Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 14, 2023 @ 08:07
    Lee

Unable To Get An Examine Custom Index Item To Work In V11

I am unable to get the following code to work. I was trying to do exactly the same a Paul has done in his blog, only for V11.

https://codeshare.co.uk/blog/how-to-search-by-picked-multi-node-tree-picker-values-in-umbraco-v8/

I have IConfigureNamedOptions set up and have debugged the code and it is getting hit.

public class ConfigureExternalIndexOptions : IConfigureNamedOptions<LuceneDirectoryIndexOptions>
    {
        public void Configure(string? name, LuceneDirectoryIndexOptions options)
        {
            if (name is global::Umbraco.Cms.Core.Constants.UmbracoIndexes.ExternalIndexName)
            {
                options.FieldDefinitions.AddOrUpdate(new FieldDefinition("blogDate", FieldDefinitionTypes.DateTime));
                options.FieldDefinitions.AddOrUpdate(new FieldDefinition(Constants.ExamineFields.SearchableBlogCategories, FieldDefinitionTypes.FullText));
            }
        }

// Part of the interface, but does not need to be implemented for this.
        public void Configure(LuceneDirectoryIndexOptions options)
        {
            throw new System.NotImplementedException();
        }
    }

I then have a IComponent which gets the values and adds them to the index to the new field.

public class IndexerComponent : IComponent
    {
        private readonly IExamineManager _examineManager;
        private readonly IUmbracoContextFactory _umbracoContextFactory;

public IndexerComponent(IExamineManager examineManager,
            IUmbracoContextFactory umbracoContextFactory)
        {
            _examineManager = examineManager ?? throw new ArgumentNullException(nameof(examineManager));
            _umbracoContextFactory =
                umbracoContextFactory ?? throw new ArgumentNullException(nameof(umbracoContextFactory));
        }

public void Initialize()
        {
            if (_examineManager.TryGetIndex(global::Umbraco.Cms.Core.Constants.UmbracoIndexes.ExternalIndexName, out var externalIndex))
            {
                ((BaseIndexProvider)externalIndex).TransformingIndexValues += IndexerComponent_TransformingIndexValues;
            }
        }

private void IndexerComponent_TransformingIndexValues(object? sender, IndexingItemEventArgs e)
        {
            if (int.TryParse(e.ValueSet.Id, out var nodeId))
            {
                switch (e.ValueSet.ItemType)
                {
                    case "blogPage":
                        using (var umbracoContext = _umbracoContextFactory.EnsureUmbracoContext())
                        {
                            var contentNode = umbracoContext.UmbracoContext.Content?.GetById(nodeId);
                            if (contentNode != null)
                            {
                                var categories = contentNode.Value<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>("blogCategories");
                                var publishedContents = categories as IPublishedContent[] ?? categories?.ToArray();
                                var updatedValues = e.ValueSet.Values.ToDictionary(x => x.Key, x => x.Value.ToList());
                                if (publishedContents != null && publishedContents.Any())
                                {
                                    if (updatedValues.ContainsKey(Constants.ExamineFields.SearchableBlogCategories))
                                    {
                                        updatedValues[Constants.ExamineFields.SearchableBlogCategories] = new List<object> { string.Join(" ", publishedContents.Select(x => x.Key.ToString("N"))) };
                                    }
                                    else
                                    {
                                        updatedValues.Add(Constants.ExamineFields.SearchableBlogCategories,new List<object> { string.Join(" ", publishedContents.Select(x => x.Key.ToString("N"))) });   
                                    }
                                }
                                e.SetValues(updatedValues.ToDictionary(x => x.Key, x => (IEnumerable<object>)x.Value));
                            }
                        }
                        break;
                }
            }
        }

public void Terminate()
        {
        }
    }

This is all being hit, and the value added to the updateValues dictionary when I hit save. But, when I hit save again, those values are not in the index?

Any idea where I am going wrong with this?

• Lee 1130 posts 3088 karma points
    Jan 17, 2023 @ 10:25
    Lee

Seems this was working! A local development environment issue I think

• Heather Floyd 603 posts 1001 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jul 06, 2023 @ 22:22
    Heather Floyd

I'm coming across something similar... Any idea what the local environment issue was?

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2023 @ 11:42
    Thomas

Did you find a solution ? :) Having same issue

• Thomas 315 posts 602 karma points c-trib
    Nov 29, 2023 @ 11:50
    Thomas

It actullay worked in 11 but not in 12.3.3 now

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft