Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Rogers 134 posts 712 karma points
    Jan 20, 2023 @ 15:59
    Daniel Rogers

Hosting a version 11 umbraco site

I have just tried uploading my first umbraco 1 site to my hosting service but keep getting a HTTP Error 500.30 - ASP.NET Core app failed to start

The hosting service has come back to me with this info can anyone give me a hint where my local drive location is being set int he args for program.cs . => CreateHostBuilder(args)

Unhandled exception. System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: D:\Web Dev\New\U11\Intelligence By Design NZ 2023\wwwroot\
    at Microsoft.Extensions.FileProviders.PhysicalFileProvider..ctor(String root, ExclusionFilters filters)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.StaticWebAssets.StaticWebAssetsLoader.<>c.<UseStaticWebAssetsCore>b__1_0(String contentRoot)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.StaticWebAssets.ManifestStaticWebAssetFileProvider..ctor(StaticWebAssetManifest manifest, Func`2 fileProviderFactory)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.StaticWebAssets.StaticWebAssetsLoader.UseStaticWebAssetsCore(IWebHostEnvironment environment, Stream manifest)
    at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.StaticWebAssets.StaticWebAssetsLoader.UseStaticWebAssets(IWebHostEnvironment environment, IConfiguration configuration)
    at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.InitializeAppConfiguration()
    at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
    at Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Hosting.UmbracoHostBuilderDecorator.Build()
    at Intelligence_By_Design_NZ_2023.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\Web Dev\New\U11\Intelligence By Design NZ 2023\Program.cs:line 6

• Darren Hunter 103 posts 194 karma points
    Jan 20, 2023 @ 16:09
    Darren Hunter

Have you set the permit ions on the relevant folders?

Jan 20, 2023 @ 16:14
    Daniel Rogers

?

what are permit ions and what folders.

If you are revering to the folder access permissions for wwwroot and views then yes.

If you read the question i dont think that has anything to do with the live server passing the location of my local machine instead of the live server.

Jan 20, 2023 @ 16:17
    Jan 20, 2023 @ 16:18
  • Huw Reddick 1737 posts 6098 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 20, 2023 @ 17:58
    Huw Reddick

The hosting service has come back to me with this info can anyone give me a hint where my local drive location is being set int he args for program.cs . => CreateHostBuilder(args)

It gets this value because that is the file in the dll/exe it was built from, so it just indicates which source file is throwing the error, it does sound like a permissions issue.

Jan 20, 2023 @ 23:32
    Daniel Rogers

Huw Reddick I have solved it. (My turn to help you out.)

in the root directory on your server there will be a file called "[ddl project name].staticwebassets.runtime.json" the invalid location is in here "{ContentRoots":[.......]}

I renamed mine for testing purposes to *.junkjson which should mean it doesn't get accessed then recycled the IIS and away it went.

Figured this as a umbraco 10 site I already have running on the same server doesn't have this file.

Let us know if the same solution works for you.

• Dan 1285 posts 3917 karma points c-trib
    Apr 12, 2023 @ 23:26
    Dan

Thank you SO MUCH for this, Daniel!

Why would the publisher push this up during deployment when it will cause the destination environment to break? What are we missing?

• Simon Dingley 1470 posts 3427 karma points c-trib
    Aug 23, 2023 @ 08:04
    Simon Dingley

Good point. I've just pushed up a new version of a v12 site I am developing and this was an issue for me. After deleting the file it was all ok again. I did, however, have the file there before and it was working but not sure how.

The issue for me is that the file contains references to Nuget package-related files at locations on my local machine so in the published environment they are invalid.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft