Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vilius 12 posts 102 karma points notactivated
    Jan 22, 2023 @ 23:49
    Vilius

Umbraco Cloud - handling out of date changes before deployment

I got to manage quite old Umbraco cloud sites (ver. 7.15.7) and need to upgrade minor versions to latest. It has development and live environments and under development environment I can see multiple changes, most indentified as done by Umbraco some by other users. The changes ranges from dll files, config files (among them web.config), file deletions, script changes and deploy file changes. Want to know these things:

Can I discard changes which are marked as " x changes ready for deployment"? Is it possible to compare differences between files? What kind of files are transfered when I click on "Deploy changes to Live"? If web.config was modified, is there risk to override Live environment's configurations with Development's?

• Julien Kulker 75 posts 427 karma points c-trib
    Jan 23, 2023 @ 07:17
    Julien Kulker

Hi Vilius,

So minor changes will be rolled out automatically by Umbraco, Just do a good test on development. The steps we are follow.

1. Check all different content types(pages)
    2. Check Umbraco forms.
    3. check Error logs in Umbraco.

If it all seems fine it is pretty safe to deploy the changes.

PS: Umbraco cloud will not overwrite your web.config but they can do some changes to the web.config.

If you want to be sure check local web.config and development web.config and if your settings are there you're probally fine.

• Vilius 12 posts 102 karma points notactivated
    Jan 23, 2023 @ 10:28
    Vilius

From what I got from the support, automatic changes are done only from 8th version. So I will need to do it manually.

Well, part of the issue for me is that I can't verify 100% if everything is alright. That's why I would love to drop the changes if possible.

• Julien Kulker 75 posts 427 karma points c-trib
    Jan 23, 2023 @ 12:20
    Julien Kulker

Well you probally can rollback then. If you use git you can just rollback to a certain commit and then push it back to the cloud and then see what happends

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft