Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aaron 57 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Jan 24, 2023 @ 12:38
    Aaron

Custom backoffice provider doesn't show

I've installed the package called Sustainsys.Saml2 this comes with a built in way to register it much like the OIDC providers.

However the button simply does not show up on the backoffice login screen, this is my code:

backOfficeAuthenticationBuilder.AddSaml2(
                            backOfficeAuthenticationBuilder.SchemeForBackOffice(SamlUserExternalLoginProviderOptions.SchemeName),
                            options =>

{
                                options.SignInScheme = CookieAuthenticationDefaults.AuthenticationScheme;
                                options.SPOptions.EntityId = new EntityId("");
                                var identityProvider = new IdentityProvider(new EntityId(""),
                                    options.SPOptions)
                                {
                                    SingleSignOnServiceUrl = new Uri(""),
                                    Binding = Saml2BindingType.HttpRedirect,
                                };
                                identityProvider.SigningKeys.AddConfiguredKey(new X509Certificate2("testcert.cert"));
                                options.IdentityProviders.Add(identityProvider);
                            }
                        );

Pulling my hair out here 😅 It looks like it "should" work

• Barry 7 posts 79 karma points
    Jan 27, 2024 @ 03:27
    Barry

I'm having exactly the same issue. Did you find a solution? I'm wondering if it's because it's not OAuth.

• Marshall Penn 79 posts 260 karma points
    Mar 05, 2024 @ 11:28
    Marshall Penn

Did you find a solution - I also have the same requirement on an Umbraco 13 Site? I managed to create a working AzureAD/Enterprise App/SSO/SAML integration - but you have to initiate the login via an api call to a controller - and so while it works, the login button does not appear, and you cannot switch off the Umbraco form login like you can with an OpenID integration.

I used this Nuget package to make it work https://www.nuget.org/packages/AspNetSaml

• Aaron 57 posts 405 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 05, 2024 @ 11:32
    Aaron

No I never got it working, but as OpenID is the recommended approach these days I typically recommend this to clients now rather that SAML

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft