Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Jan 25, 2023 @ 06:36
    Meni

Migrate to Umbraco 11.1 - Property gone from Document type

Hi, I migrated from 7 to 8, 9, 10, 11

Somehow, when I upgraded to 11, when I click on each item in the tree I only have Meta data, but the Properties tab somehow gone, disappear.

Not sure what happened - when I migrated to 8/9 etc. it was still there. Then suddenly on 11.1 I can't see it on any item on the tree

Please advise.

Thanks.

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Jan 25, 2023 @ 14:25
    Yakov Lebski

Default property tab should be renamed before migrations

• Meni 247 posts 483 karma points
    Jan 26, 2023 @ 06:56
    Meni

Hi, So actually once I migrated, all Document Types were import with the database. So they were there.

What I did was, I created another Propery group and I called it only "Generic" , then I added two properties: Title and Sub Title, and in the content section they came empty.

Then, I deleted the whole "Generic properties" and added manually again the properties. Now I was able to finally see this section under content.

But I had two wired things: 1. When I clicked back on Settings, suddenly all the properties under the new "Generic properties" were duplicated. So I deleted the duplicate properties and now it's fine.

1. The other issue, now under content, Title and Sub title are empty and I can't see them in the back office/ edit them (unless I create a new post, but I have ~9,000 old posts).

Why the Title and Sub title are not coming?

• Yakov Lebski 553 posts 2117 karma points
    Jan 26, 2023 @ 23:38
    Yakov Lebski

In Umbraco 7 you can add properties to the Generic Properties tab, that not allowed in 10 I think it Umbraco bug, https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/12240

I try to find SQL script to fix it, I used it in past

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft