Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2023 @ 15:48
    Josip

Cannot access a disposed object.

For some reason, I am getting the error Cannot access a disposed object. when I am trying to get the member like this: var getMember = Umbraco.Member(1234); after this line of code:

IMedia uploadFile = Services.MediaService.CreateMediaWithIdentity(file.FileName, mediaFolderId, mediaType);

But if I try to do it before, then works fine. This started to happen after Umbraco upgrade, I can't say which upgrade started causing this because I made many, but the current version is 8.18.5

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Jan 29, 2023 @ 11:26
    Marc Goodson

Hi Josip

Where are you executing this code?

APIController? or SurfaceController? etc

I can't determine whether the error is with the reading of the file.FileName, eg the posted file stream has been disposed (if that is the context of uploading a file, or if it's only 'after that line' that Umbraco.Member errors? and if it's called before that line is fine?

The error message cannot access a disposed object, is usually due to a 'scope' has become stale, which could be if this is inside a 'static' class or extension method.

There is a discussion here: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/5073 that might help explain.

If not, I'm wondering if you now need to wrap your operation inside it's own scope, hard to know without the context, but have a look at this reply on another ticket about scopes and background threads:

https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/102676-triggering-index-rebuild-via-hangfire-causes-objectdisposedexception-in-nucache#comment-321129

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft