Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Olivia Philomena Moser 7 posts 87 karma points
    Feb 09, 2023 @ 07:07
    Olivia Philomena Moser

Generate NuGet package containing backend files

I'm currently working on a project to generate forms from the Umbraco backend (V10) without the need of extending or modifying the code(I know that there is Umbraco Forms, but this is not an option). I want to use this code in multiple projects.

I finished all the coding, but now I should generate a package including the controllers, models, services, views, CSS and JS files, as well as all document types from the Umbraco backend.

I have read that since version 9 the local import in the Umbraco backend is no more available, so I have to generate a NuGet Package. I tried to do so, but I can only generate my custom section, which I included into the App_Plugins folder from the package. Furthermore, I added my controllers, services and models to the root of the package folder. I also generated a package.xml file from the Umbraco backend, but now I don't know how to include this and the wwwroot folder containing CSS and JS files into this package. I couldn't find a solution and I don't know if it is possible to combine all that into one NuGet package. If not, how can I import the package.xml file, since there is no local import button in the packages section?

Any thoughts on this problem?

Thanks!

My folder structure and what I need to include into the package:_ Folder structure

My generated package(bin folder is containing a .nupkg file): Package

• Huw Reddick 1786 posts 6196 karma points MVP c-trib
    Feb 09, 2023 @ 08:18
    Huw Reddick

Hi Olivia,

I wrote a post on what I did for my Forum package if it is of any help

https://umbraco.themediawizards.co.uk/the-grimoire/umbraco-10-razor-class-library-packages/

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft