Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Feb 14, 2023 @ 11:09
    Scott

What version is recommended?

Hi,

Is it recommended to go Umbraco 11 on new projects having in mind it’s not a LTS version as Umbraco 10?

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Feb 14, 2023 @ 12:01
    Nik

Hey Scott,

To be honest, that is a business decision at the end of the day.

My personal recommendation is that unless you need a new feature that is only available in v11 or Net7 then build new builds on v10 and Net6 for their LTS.

The Umbraco HQ will always recommend using the latest and greatest version which I fully understand as well but it's important to be aware that there is a big change coming in version 13 which is the new Umbraco back office. If you build a site on v11/v12 when v13 comes out the upgrade could be problematic if you have lots of back office customisations or 3rd party plugins in your site if they are not ready for v13. V10 is fully supported until v14 comes out and as such is a completely valid build platform in my opinion, and by that point the upgrade route to v13 (the next LTS) should be clear as well.

As I stated above, this is all my person recommendation rather than an official view point from the Umbraco HQ.

Thanks

Nik

• Scott 95 posts 277 karma points
    Feb 14, 2023 @ 12:32
    Scott

Thank you Nik, it is much appreciated.

Great explanation and added to what I had it mind and confirmed that v10 is the right version for this project.

Have an awesome day.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft