Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrei 15 posts 99 karma points
    Feb 17, 2023 @ 13:17
    Andrei

IPublishedContent.Url() throwing scope error when called in background running task (v10)

I have a long running background task which I fire and forget with IBackgroundTaskQueue.QueueBackgroundWorkItem(token => Task.Run(()=>task))

In the process, the task gathers some meta data from content nodes, thus calling IPublishedContent.Url() to get their url.

As this is a long running task in the background I set it up with it's own scope like this:

using(ExecutionContext.SuppressFlow()){
        using(_serviceScopeFactory.CreateAsyncScope()){
           // long running work here ..
        }
    }

However, when trying to get the url for a node I get this:

System.InvalidOperationException: The Scope 34e2e8a7-065e-4169-82ff-3f00f1751d62 being disposed is not the Ambient Scope 34e2e8a7-065e-4169-82ff-3f00f1751d62. This typically indicates that a child Scope was not disposed, or flowed to a child thread that was not awaited, or concurrent threads are accessing the same Scope (Ambient context) which is not supported. If using Task.Run (or similar) as a fire and forget tasks or to run threads in parallel you must suppress execution context flow with ExecutionContext.SuppressFlow() and ExecutionContext.RestoreFlow().

The error is thrown by LocalizationService:

at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Scoping.Scope.Dispose()
       at Umbraco.Cms.Core.Services.LocalizationService.GetDefaultLanguageIsoCode()

Any idea what am I missing here?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft