Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fethi 9 posts 79 karma points
    Feb 20, 2023 @ 14:38
    Fethi

Usync Complete Document Type Delete Push Problem

when i create a document type push from live server , it s ok. but when i deleted it nothing happens on live server. it is a problem how can i do it ?

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 20, 2023 @ 17:14
    Kevin Jump

Hi Fethi,

Because deleting a doc type can have significant knock-on effects on a site (e.g it will delete all the content associated with it) we by default have the ability to delete doctypes turned off.

you can turn it on, but all the warnings etc, as a mistake here could loose you a lot of content etc.

you can set AllowDeletingOfOrphanedItemsForAllTypes value in the appsettings.json file to true and then uSync will also delete other stuff.

"uSync": {
        "Publisher": {
          "Settings": {
            "AllowDeletingOfOrphanedItemsForAllTypes": true
          }
        }
      }

Without this setting uSync.Publisher will only delete missing content and media from a server - it will leave datatypes, doctypes etc, but with this setting on it will delete anything - and if that results in content going missing then there is no rollback. (because the trigger for the content going missing is in Umbraco when you delete the doctype, not uSync).

Feb 21, 2023 @ 07:01
    Fethi

Hi, Thank u for your answer fastly,

Target of my project is not core, it is .net framework 4.7.2, so i have not appsettings.json, i have a uSync.Publish.config file and i added this row, that:

<PublisherSettings>
                <canSchedule>true</canSchedule>
                <selectVariants>true</selectVariants>
                <AllowDeletingOfOrphanedItemsForAllTypes>true</AllowDeletingOfOrphanedItemsForAllTypes>
            </PublisherSettings>

But it not working like i hope. i wanna say that: i added row taht is source domain, it is right , isnt it?

Mar 03, 2023 @ 11:31
    Fethi

Kevin,

Please answer my questions, it is important for me.

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 03, 2023 @ 12:09
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Sorry i missed the reply to this last week.

Unfortunately, this isn't a feature that is in uSync.Complete for Umbraco 8 - and we don't currently have any plans to add it - as uSync.Complete is in support phase for v8 so no new features.

I will take a look to see what would be involved to back port it - but anything less than a simple isolated change to the v8 code base is unlikely to make it out i am afraid.

Kevin

Mar 03, 2023 @ 12:20
    Fethi

ups,

it's bad to hear :(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft