Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Lars Heesakkers 38 posts 194 karma points
    Feb 23, 2023 @ 12:46
    Lars Heesakkers

Umbraco.TrueFalse datatype error on update 8 to 9

Hi,

I am trying to get my umbraco 8 database upgraded to at least umbraco 10, but I get stuck upgrading from 8.18.5 to 9.5.4.

I have created a fresh 9.5.4 empty install, I then change to connection string to my 8.18.5 database and run de upgrade wizard. Everything seems fine untill I open a document type which contains a TrueFalse datatype. I then get the following error: enter image description here

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue? Am I doing something wrong in my upgrade steps?

Thanks in advance, Lars

• Dave Woestenborghs 3504 posts 12133 karma points MVP 8x admin c-trib
    Feb 23, 2023 @ 15:34
    Dave Woestenborghs

Hi Lars,

What is the configuration of the data type with id 6681 ?

Dave

• Lars Heesakkers 38 posts 194 karma points
    Feb 24, 2023 @ 07:11
    Lars Heesakkers

Configuration was "{"default":"","labelOn":null}" I changed it whit a database query to "{"default":"0","labelOn":""}" and that seems to have worked. Still not sure what I did wrong though.

~Lars

• Nurhak Kaya 53 posts 147 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Jul 07, 2023 @ 14:40
    Nurhak Kaya

Today I have seen this problem after upgrading a v8.5.5 project to v8.18.8, and the problem seems to be happening when the config value is set to {"default":""}.

After setting this to {"default":"0"} or {"default":"1"} or {"default":null}, I managed to resolve my problems. This is similar to the accepted answer.

SqlScriptToUpdateConfigValue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft