Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam 4 posts 84 karma points
    Feb 28, 2023 @ 10:26
    Adam

How to override the view for Users 2fa login-2fa.html, should I do this in angular or in c#?

I'm trying to work out how I should modify the two factor view provided to users that have 2fa enabled.

I can see that a post request is made to /umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/authentication/PostLogin with the response containing:

)]}',
    {"twoFactorView":"views\\common\\login-2fa.html","userId":9}

I would like to change this view to remove the need for a user to enter a code. Since I'm using DUO as the 2fa provider, a code is not required, just an action in the app to confirm access.

Please could someone explain if I should modify umbraco or angular to achieve this.

I've created a stack post summarising my question.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/75584506/umbraco-10-how-to-set-the-view-for-2fa-angular-or-in-c

• Marc Goodson 2122 posts 14213 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 01, 2023 @ 21:54
    Marc Goodson

Hi Adam

Have a look at this search of the core git repo for IBackOfficeTwoFactorOptions

https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/search?q=IBackOfficeTwoFactorOptions&type=

It shows the DefaultBackOfficeTwoFactorOptions implementation that sets the path to that two-factor view

And shows how that class is registered as a singleton

This means you can implement your own version of IBackOfficeTwoFactorOptions to set this view to be something else, and if in a composition or at startup you register your implementation of the interface as a Singleton, it will push out the core default one and use yours instead.

Possibly the search reveals an existing alternate implementation called NoopBackOfficeTwoFactor that might be what you...

Regards

Marc

• Adam 4 posts 84 karma points
    Mar 03, 2023 @ 11:23
    Adam

Many thanks for your reply Marc. Have resolved this with the detail provided.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft