Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Mar 01, 2023 @ 14:51
    Matt

There was a problem sending a Razor email

Hi I'm getting an error when trying to send an email with umbraco forms

There was a problem sending a Razor email to "emailhere" from Workflow for Form "Improvement Request Form" with id "8e3ac6b9-72ff-41cc-871c-f46db387543e" for Record with unique id "fd0b35e9-d4de-43e5-91ee-b7f62cecf401"

System.IO.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. : 'F:\Web\IntranetStage\<optional directory>\c75a327a-d6d1-4f6e-bde3-a3add8de3bfd.eml'
       at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.CreateFile(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options)
       at Microsoft.Win32.SafeHandles.SafeFileHandle.Open(String fullPath, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
       at System.IO.Strategies.OSFileStreamStrategy..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, FileOptions options, Int64 preallocationSize)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Mail.EmailSender.SendAsyncInternal(EmailMessage message, String emailType, Boolean enableNotification)
       at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Mail.EmailSender.SendAsync(EmailMessage message, String emailType)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Services.WorkflowEmailService.SendEmailAsync(SendEmailArgs args)
       at Umbraco.Forms.Core.Providers.WorkflowTypes.SendRazorEmail.Execute(WorkflowExecutionContext context)

Unfortunately the error log doesn't really help me, says its incorrect but what is it looking for?

Thanks

Matt

• James Cordrey 11 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 01, 2023 @ 14:59
    James Cordrey

If it's actually looking in here:

F:\Web\IntranetStage\<optional directory>\c75a327a-d6d1-4f6e-bde3-a3add8de3bfd.eml

then the issue would be

<optional directory> 

having < and > in the name - those are invalid in a file path, and will throw that error.

• Matt 353 posts 825 karma points
    Mar 01, 2023 @ 15:04
    Matt

Hi James,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I should of made myself clear, I'm not actually sure what what optional directory setting is.

When I'm setting up my SMTP what should the PickUpDirectoryLocation be?

"PickupDirectoryLocation": "

Cheers

• James Cordrey 11 posts 113 karma points
    Mar 01, 2023 @ 15:20
    James Cordrey

If you were setting a filepath in your config, it would be wherever on your file system you're storing the e-mails, but I don't think you need to set that for Umbraco Forms. (I could be wrong.)

According to this, you should be storing your e-mail templates here:

~/Views/Partials/Forms/Emails/

So you shouldn't need to have PickupDirectoryLocation in your configuration file.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft