Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marco 15 posts 85 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 14:29
    Marco

Save DocumentType requires a lot of time

Hi, We're running a 10.4.0 umbraco site on a 2019 windows server with a SQL Server db. We have approximately 60k+ content published on site and 2k+ media. When we try to save a document type it will take 20+ minutes to complete the save, also when we execute usync it requires 3h+ to sync all.

I've ran the code locally using SQL Lite database and same data inside but, unfortunately, I have the same issue.

Do you know why the save requires a lot of time? Any Ideas? Are there some configuration (related to history maybe) that we can disable in order to improve performance?

Thanks in advance! Marco

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 15:40
    Yakov Lebski

Umbraco updated all nodes (insert rows in databases in umbracoPropertyData) with new properties. You can try to see it with the profiler. In my vision, it is not good behavior, document type update should only change the document type definition, and the next save of node should save new properties

• Marco 15 posts 85 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 16:08
    Marco

Thanks for reply. Do you know if there is a workaround to improve this? Btw is strange because we have the same site in umbraco 7 and all changes requires (including documentType) at least 5 second with 60k+ contents so I don't know why there is this issue on umbraco 9+

• Yakov Lebski 549 posts 2113 karma points
    Mar 02, 2023 @ 17:31
    Yakov Lebski

I think it starts from Umbraco 8, on 7 for sure no problem like that. We can try issue it to Umbraco let's see maybe will be fixed

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft