Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Cedeste 36 posts 128 karma points
    Mar 06, 2023 @ 18:02
    Cedeste

Umbraco forcing the upgrade from 11 to 11.2

I'm being forced to upgrade from 11 to 11.2 on our development site.

I asked a previous question about how to stop the upgrade - https://our.umbraco.com/forum/using-umbraco-and-getting-started/111345-how-to-stop-install-of-latest-version-v-11-to-111 - but didn't get an answer.

The only way I can move forward is to upgrade - it started at 11.1, and it's now forcing 11.2.

I installed the upgrade via the see instructions - https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/fundamentals/setup/upgrading/

But when I try to login to the back office to complete the install this is what happens:

1 - Welcome to the Umbraco installer. You see this screen because your Umbraco installation needs a quick upgrade of its database and files, which will ensure your website is kept as fast, secure and up to date as possible.

Detected current version (83af7945), which needs to be upgraded to 11.1.0 (3f5d492a). To compare versions and read a report of changes between versions, use the View Report button below.

View Report

Simply click continue below to be guided through the rest of the upgrade.

Continue

2- I click Continue and get one of the following errors:

Error during installation The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: The migration plan does not support migrating from state "{83AF7945-DADE-4A02-9041-F3F6EBFAC319}". Please check log file for additional information (can be found in 'LoggingSettings.Directory')

See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the umbraco\Logs folder).

OR

Error during installation

The database failed to upgrade. Error: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot drop the table "umbracoContentVersionCleanupPolicy", because it does not exist or you do not have permission. Please check log for additional information.

Can someone please assist - this has me at a complete standstill with our project.

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 07, 2023 @ 10:28
    Nik

Hi Cedeste,

I would guess that you have a shared database setup and that someone has upgrade their local code base to 11.2 but your local version or hosted dev version is still using the 11.1 codebase. As such, when one of the older versions tries to start it sees that the database is in a newer state than the code base and tries to "downgrade". However downgrading is not supported.

You're only options are:

1. Updated your codebase to 11.2 in all environments.
    2. Restore your database to an older version.

I don't recommend using a shared database and this is one of the reasons why as it can cause a real headache at times.

If the above assumptions are incorrect, can you verify what version of Umbraco is installed on the version of the site you are looking at by looking in the csproj file and sharing the version of the nuget package for the cms.

Thanks

Nik

Mar 07, 2023 @ 14:28
    Cedeste

Yes. It was the database. This dev box has several instances of Umbraco as we are learning how to use it. I created a new DB, and started a fresh install, and no issues. Appreciate your help.

May 30, 2023 @ 18:32
    Cedeste

Nik,

It seems like this issue has reared its head again. This is a fresh DB we've been working with since March. It's forcing the upgrade to 11.2 from 11.1.

Ideally, id like to not upgrade to 11.2 at all and just bypass since we literally just installed 11.1 in March. We are set to go live in a couple of days, but I can't currently do anything because im stuck in the upgrade loop.

Any idea how we can bypass the upgrade completely?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft