Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Greg 6 posts 75 karma points
    Mar 07, 2023 @ 14:24
    Greg

New Installation v11, can't save anything

Use to use umbraco 7 a lot and now coming back to umbraco. I've followed the Visual Studio installation instructions for umbraco 11. I've set up my SQL server DB and everything rans smoothly.

Logged into the backoffice, went to create a new template and when I click save it just spins. No errors ever come up, nothing in the logs. Just spins. Same for stylesheets, document types, etc. The only thing that worked was the media upload.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong or where i can look for errors to trouble shoot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mar 07, 2023 @ 14:46
    Greg

Not sure why i didn't think of this before, but it looks like there's a bunch of errors in angular.js  preventing anything from working.

Not sure why i didn't think of this before, but it looks like there's a bunch of errors in angular.js preventing anything from working

Mar 07, 2023 @ 14:51
    Greg

webtools shows min.js files are available but the code seems to call .js files which return 404.

Mar 08, 2023 @ 18:01
    Greg

In case anyone tumbles across this post... You can't run umbraco backoffice in the EDGE browser.

• Tor Langlo 189 posts 532 karma points
    Mar 08, 2023 @ 21:05
    Tor Langlo

Edge should work fine in general, it is using the same browser engine as Chrome. And worked when I tested just now. But maybe there are security settings etc. which cause trouble?

• Brian Milinski 42 posts 165 karma points
    Mar 08, 2023 @ 22:50
    Brian Milinski

Not sure what all changed in v11 but v10 runs the back office just fine on EDGE. I would suggest sticking to the LTS releases of Umbraco unless there is some bleeding edge feature you'd like to try out.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft