Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vijay 13 posts 83 karma points
    Mar 09, 2023 @ 07:44
    Vijay

How to add styles directly in Rich Text Editor in Umbraco 10

Hi all,

I'm tring to write styles directly in the content of Rich text Editor in Umbraco 10, but that was not working and after writing style and saving it, the whole RTE getting white and when opening the source code all content and styles are dissapearing.I've searched the forums and haven't found a solution that could fix the issue for me. Can anyone help me?

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 09, 2023 @ 09:41
    Huw Reddick

Hi Vijay,

What exactly do you mean by

I'm tring to write styles directly in the content of Rich text Editor

Mar 09, 2023 @ 09:52
    Vijay

enter image description here

Need to write styles like this individually in content itself

• Nik 1591 posts 7148 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Mar 09, 2023 @ 10:07
    Nik

Hi Vijay,

I don't believe the Style tag is allowed by default in TinyMCE within Umbraco. So in order to allow it you'd have to update the "Valid Elements" configuration option.

You can see how to do that here: https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/configuration/richtexteditorsettings#valid-elements

You'll then need to make sure your editor has the Source View enabled so you can get to the source input to add them.

Thanks

Nik

Mar 09, 2023 @ 10:07
    Huw Reddick

Hi Vijay,

You really shouldn't be adding style declartions to your RTE content, you should be defining it in a proper stylesheet and then assign the classes to your RTE elements.

If you think you must do it this way (I would not recomend it) then you will need to add the style tag to the allowed elements in your appsettings.json file

"RichTextEditor": {
        "ValidElements": "+div[tabindex],+i[class|style],+a[id|style|rel|data-id|data-udi|rev|charset|hreflang|dir|lang|tabindex|accesskey|type|name|href|target|title|class|onfocus|onblur|onclick|ondblclick|onmousedown|onmouseup|onmouseover|onmousemove|onmouseout|onkeypress|onkeydown|onkeyup],-strong/-b[class|style],-em[class|style],-strike[class|style],-u[class|style],#p[id|style|dir|class|align],-ol[class|reversed|start|style|type],-ul[class|style],-li[class|style],br[class],img[id|dir|lang|longdesc|usemap|style|class|src|onmouseover|onmouseout|border|alt=|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|umbracoorgwidth|umbracoorgheight|onresize|onresizestart|onresizeend|rel|data-id],-sub[style|class],-sup[style|class],-blockquote[dir|style|class],-table[border=0|cellspacing|cellpadding|width|height|class|align|summary|style|dir|id|lang|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],-tr[id|lang|dir|class|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],tbody[id|class],thead[id|class],tfoot[id|class],#td[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|scope],-th[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|scope],caption[id|lang|dir|class|style],-span[class|align|style|tabindex],-pre[class|align|style],address[class|align|style],-h1[id|dir|class|align|style],-h2[id|dir|class|align|style],-h3[id|dir|class|align|style],-h4[id|dir|class|align|style],-h5[id|dir|class|align|style],-h6[id|style|dir|class|align|style],hr[class|style],small[class|style],dd[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dl[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dt[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],object[class|id|width|height|codebase|*],param[name|value|_value|class],embed[type|width|height|src|class|*],map[name|class],area[shape|coords|href|alt|target|class],bdo[class],button[class],iframe[*],figure,figcaption",

}
      },

To allow the style element you would add 'style' to this list of valid elements,

"RichTextEditor": {
        "ValidElements": "style,+div[tabindex],+i[class|style],+a[id|style|rel|data-id|data-udi|rev|charset|hreflang|dir|lang|tabindex|accesskey|type|name|href|target|title|class|onfocus|onblur|onclick|ondblclick|onmousedown|onmouseup|onmouseover|onmousemove|onmouseout|onkeypress|onkeydown|onkeyup],-strong/-b[class|style],-em[class|style],-strike[class|style],-u[class|style],#p[id|style|dir|class|align],-ol[class|reversed|start|style|type],-ul[class|style],-li[class|style],br[class],img[id|dir|lang|longdesc|usemap|style|class|src|onmouseover|onmouseout|border|alt=|title|hspace|vspace|width|height|align|umbracoorgwidth|umbracoorgheight|onresize|onresizestart|onresizeend|rel|data-id],-sub[style|class],-sup[style|class],-blockquote[dir|style|class],-table[border=0|cellspacing|cellpadding|width|height|class|align|summary|style|dir|id|lang|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],-tr[id|lang|dir|class|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor],tbody[id|class],thead[id|class],tfoot[id|class],#td[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|bgcolor|background|bordercolor|scope],-th[id|lang|dir|class|colspan|rowspan|width|height|align|valign|style|scope],caption[id|lang|dir|class|style],-span[class|align|style|tabindex],-pre[class|align|style],address[class|align|style],-h1[id|dir|class|align|style],-h2[id|dir|class|align|style],-h3[id|dir|class|align|style],-h4[id|dir|class|align|style],-h5[id|dir|class|align|style],-h6[id|style|dir|class|align|style],hr[class|style],small[class|style],dd[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dl[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],dt[id|class|title|style|dir|lang],object[class|id|width|height|codebase|*],param[name|value|_value|class],embed[type|width|height|src|class|*],map[name|class],area[shape|coords|href|alt|target|class],bdo[class],button[class],iframe[*],figure,figcaption",

}
      },

however like I said I would not recomend doing this, it is really not good practice.

Mar 09, 2023 @ 10:16
    Huw Reddick

you may also need to set SanitizeTinyMce to false in appsettings file

"Global": {
        "SanitizeTinyMce": false
      },

Mar 09, 2023 @ 12:25
    Vijay

Added it, but still not working. Could you please share any screenshots if possible which you added it in any of your projects and if it is working.

Mar 09, 2023 @ 12:39
    Huw Reddick

I haven't added it to any projects, as I said it is not something that I would recommend doing, you really should not be adding style tags in your content

Mar 09, 2023 @ 12:53
    Huw Reddick

style tags belong in the <head> section of your document you really should not be adding them to your content.

What is the reason you are attempting to do this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft