Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mahender Singh 39 posts 170 karma points
    Mar 13, 2023 @ 07:04
    Mahender Singh

How Umbraco Sql query create to delete node

Hi Team,

Can you please let me know, how or where Umbraco create sql query which is mention below: I am facing issue while executing this query for "order by alias"

SELECT * FROM (SELECT poco_base.*, ROW_NUMBER() OVER (ORDER BY ([alias])) poco_rn 
    FROM ( 
    SELECT DISTINCT [pn].[id] as nodeId, [pn].[uniqueId] as nodeKey, [pn].[text] as nodeName, [pn].[nodeObjectType] as nodeObjectType, [ct].[icon] as contentTypeIcon, [ct].[alias] as contentTypeAlias, [ctn].[text] as contentTypeName, [umbracoRelationType].[alias] as relationTypeAlias, [umbracoRelationType].[name] as relationTypeName, [umbracoRelationType].[isDependency] as relationTypeIsDependency, [umbracoRelationType].[dual] as relationTypeIsBidirectional
    FROM [umbracoRelation] [r]
    INNER JOIN [umbracoRelationType] [umbracoRelationType]
    ON ([r].[relType] = [umbracoRelationType].[id])
    INNER JOIN [umbracoNode] [cn]
    ON (([umbracoRelationType].[dual] = 0 AND ([r].[parentId] = [cn].[id])) OR ([umbracoRelationType].[dual] = 1 AND (([r].[childId] = [cn].[id]) OR ([r].[parentId] = [cn].[id]))))
    INNER JOIN [umbracoNode] [pn]
    ON ((([pn].[id] = [r].[childId]) AND ([cn].[id] = [r].[parentId])) OR (([pn].[id] = [r].[parentId]) AND ([cn].[id] = [r].[childId])))
    LEFT JOIN [umbracoContent] [c]
    ON ([pn].[id] = [c].[nodeId])
    LEFT JOIN [cmsContentType] [ct]
    ON ([c].[contentTypeId] = [ct].[nodeId])
    LEFT JOIN [umbracoNode] [ctn]
    ON ([ct].[nodeId] = [ctn].[id])
    WHERE ([pn].[id] IN (SELECT [umbracoNode].[id] AS [NodeId]
    FROM [umbracoNode]
    WHERE ([umbracoNode].[path] LIKE (SELECT concat([node].[path],'','')
    FROM [umbracoNode] [node]
    WHERE (([node].[id] = 1997))))))
    AND ([umbracoRelationType].[isDependency] = 1)
    ) poco_base ) poco_paged 
    WHERE poco_rn > 0 AND poco_rn <= 10
    ORDER BY poco_rn    

• Sam Beynon 8 posts 98 karma points
    Mar 13, 2023 @ 07:56
    Sam Beynon

Hi Mahender,

I believe your issue stems from the fact that [alias] is not defined within the SELECT list of your derived table.

You surface the following two alias values - enter image description here

You would need to replace the [alias] in your row number order by with the correct one for your needs.

However, there are a number of ways that you could probably achieve this using Umbraco services/cache, if you give some more information as to what you are trying to do, perhaps I could give some further advice on a different (C#) approach?

Mar 14, 2023 @ 04:38
    Mahender Singh

Thanks Sam for update.

Acutally I am trying to delete content node in Umbraco editor and it always fails with this issue. This query is created by Umbraco c# code and i want to know how it creates so i can change it.

I am able to create, rename content but not able to delete.

I tried with new database creation with Umbraco helper files but still same issue.

Mar 14, 2023 @ 10:41
    Sam Beynon

Hi Mahender,

There are a number of services exposed by Umbraco that will massively simplify CRUD operations on Umbraco owned objects.

If you're trying to delete a content node, you can do it using the ContentService

You can inject it into your class, or a controller as follows -

public class MyClass
    {
        private IContentService _contentService;

public MyClass(IContentService contentService)
        {
            _contentService = contentService;
        }
    }

You can then delete the node by retrieving the IContent representation from the database and then passing it into the IContentService.Delete method.

int nodeId = 100;
    var node = _contentService.GetById(nodeId); //Can accept a GUID or an int
    _contentService.Delete(node);

There are also methods within the IContentService to allow full CRUD on IContent objects.

Does this give you what you need?

Mar 15, 2023 @ 16:49
    Sam Beynon

Hi Mahender,

I've just re-read your response and realised that i misunderstood what you were saying.

I believe you're having an issue in the actual Umbraco admin section when manually deleting a node?

This is very strange, what version of Umbraco are you using?

Mar 23, 2023 @ 08:16
    Mahender Singh

Hi Sam,

I am using version 9.5.0.

And the most strang this is that, when i publish same code on my local IIS it works fine but when i publish same code on AWS VM window server with IIS it through this issue.

I run the sql profiler as well and find that, on local IIS it create different sql query then AWS server. That's why i fails on AWS server.

I don't know, what HTTP module or handler create this issue on AWS server.

• EwanMcP 1 post 21 karma points
    Jul 12, 2023 @ 16:27
    EwanMcP

Same issue here after upgrading MSSQL from 2019 to 2022 (even if 2019 compatibility mode is enabled).

Umbraco version 9.5.4, .net 6. Reproduced in 2 separate environments, and the logs and a trace confirmed this exact issue (ambiguous "alias" reference in ORDER BY clause).

Any resolution on your side Mahender?

Aug 08, 2023 @ 02:49
    Mahender Singh

Hi EwanMcp,

Sorry but still not able to resolve this issue. these days busy with other stuff, so not able to answer.

Please let me know, if you find something.

• Julian Gallo Londono 2 posts 71 karma points
    Aug 23, 2023 @ 21:36
    Julian Gallo Londono

Hi EwanMcp

I am facing the same issue in version 9.5.4, could you fix the error somehow?

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft