Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 16, 2023 @ 11:23
    Tony Lorentzen

New site - what version?

Hey peeps,

Developing a new site for a client and I need to choose a version of Umbraco to run this on. Needs to be stable and safe for production. What version would be your go-to? :-)

Thanx!

• Bjarne Fyrstenborg 1280 posts 3990 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Mar 16, 2023 @ 11:29
    Bjarne Fyrstenborg

Hi Tony

I would go with latest version on v11, which is at this time writing v11.2.0 https://our.umbraco.com/download/releases/1120

Both when it comes to newest features, security and performance.

Generally speaking the releases are stable and safe for production. When a major release in about to be launched there is often both a Beta and RC versions before release, so developers and package owners have time to test before launch.

/Bjarne

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 12:17
    Tony Lorentzen

Thanks Bjarne. I had a couple of really bad experiences with previous version, that burnt me bad and caused me to loose a couple of clients because of severe issues with Umbraco - and there was no help to be had, so I'm kinda anxious about choosing new versions - even if they are RC versions. But 11 does seem really great so far.

• Huw Reddick 1736 posts 6076 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 12:28
    Huw Reddick

10 is the current LTS version so has a longer time before end of life/support, if you intend to just code and leave it I would go for 10, if you are more likely to be doing regular changes/updates then go for 11

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft