Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Jones 16 posts 147 karma points
    Mar 18, 2023 @ 18:03
    Tom Jones

Umbraco 10 installation on server taking long time and not showing progress

Hi folks,

I've been developing an Umbraco 10 website on my local dev machine and decided it was time to stick it on a server.

When I launched the installer on the remote website, I filled in the name, email and password details, but noticed that the database option was fixed at "SqlLite" for some reason - I already have a connection string to an MSSQL Server database configured in the appsettings.json, and a umbracoDbDSN_ProviderName of Microsoft.Data.SqlClient, so just assumed this was a visual issue.

Regardless, I proceed and am taken to the installer page, which loops through "did you know" messages, however I'm certain there used to be a progress bar shown along the bottom, and this is no longer visible.

The installer was stuck infinitely looping on this "did you know" screen. I left it for several hours with no indication of progress.

This appears to be broken, but there's no indication what the problem is on screen, in the log files, or on the server event viewer.

I tried a second time, only this time I blanked out the connection string and provider name in appsettings.json, which then allows me to press the "change database" button, but pressing this button again moves onto the infinitely looping "did you know" screen, and never shows the section which allows you to enter the database details.

I've spent the best part of 5 hours trying to resolve this and made no progress. Can anyone shed some light on what the problem may be?

Thanks, Tom

NB. I have uSync enabled to include back office settings and content in commit history.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft