Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Riki 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 21, 2023 @ 09:18
    Riki

Hi we use umbraco 7.4.5 in our site we have 1 master server and 1 child server in different machines. I tried to config servers list like your documentation :

<servers>
              <server serverName="{my master ip address}">{my master site name}</server>
              <server serverName="{my child ip address}">{my child site name}</server>
    </servers>

but in my DB in the servers table the lastmodifieddate are not update and changes in umbraco not updates in my site correctly

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2023 @ 16:50
    Marc Goodson

Hi Riki

There are two approaches to Load balancing Umbraco in Version 7.

The Legacy/Traditional way for V7.3 and below, where you configure servers in a

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/traditional

Listing the

And there is a new approach introduced in 7.3 called 'Flexible Load Balancing' - https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/Server-Setup/Load-Balancing/

Here the sites use a shared database to pass publishing instructions, so there is no need to configure Servers IP Addresses they do not communicate directly with each other, they just work off of the database table.

As long as you have distributedCalls set to False, then if two Umbraco instances are sharing a database, Flexible Load Balancing will automatically try to work!

There are some gotchas if you are using Azure Web Applications - but the article above links off to the necessary tweaks for those cloud environments.

So with your Servers XML that you have posted, it makes me think you might be following the wrong documentation, eg the old approach, and expecting it to update the servers table (the new flexible approach!)

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft