Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marc van de Wert 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 21, 2023 @ 10:42
    Marc van de Wert

Hi, I am trying to implement faceting using Examine / Lucene. I am using Umbraco 10 with Examine. I tried using the package from Callum: Examine.Facets. But it only supports .NET framework, not .NET 6.

According to this post: https://github.com/callumbwhyte/examine-facets/issues/12 Lucene 4.8 should support faceting out-of-the box. And this is the version I currently use.

Could anyone give me a head start so maybe I don't have to invent the wheel all over again?

• Dennis 75 posts 397 karma points MVP
    Mar 21, 2023 @ 12:21
    Dennis

Hi there!

I'm in the same position as you at the moment. As it turns out: there is a pending pullrequest on the Examine source to support facets. There is no indication that it will be merged soon though. I've asked this question before and our conclusion was that it was acceptable in our case to simply count the results. For about 200 results it performs pretty well. We had a bit more though, so we decided to separate facets from the search results and count the facets in a separate request so that the results themselves are fast, while the facets are slow.

I've attempted to recreate facets by myself, but haven't been able to produce anything that actually works.

That's all my research in a nutshell, I hope you find it useful.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft