Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 16:47
    Alan Draper

Funny characters at beginning of PostLogin, but only on localhost

Hi.

I have a site that I've been working on for a while, and has been working fine on both localhost and on the Azure site where it lives publicly.

Recently however, I've been unable to login to Umbraco when hosting locally. I can see in the network panel the POST to PostLogin, and the response looks correct except for some funny characters at the beginning: )]}'

Here is the entire response copied from the network tab:

)]}',
    {"email":"[email protected]","locale":"en-US","emailHash":"f49282915b2108dd21edb1bf481a8a2e4ceae3b5","userGroups":["admin","sensitiveData"],"remainingAuthSeconds":0.0,"startContentIds":[-1],"startMediaIds":[-1],"avatars":[],"allowedSections":["content","forms","media","member","packages","settings","translation","users"],"id":-1,"name":"Alan"}

Then, the call to IsAuthenticated returns a similar bad response:

)]}',
    false

I have published this site to live, and it still is working fine, but can't debug into any Umbraco events because of it.

Any ideas?

• Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 17:04
    Huw Reddick

IIRC this is something to do with JSON Hijacking protection but I can't currently find the post about it, I will keep digging to see if I can find it.

• Alan Draper 52 posts 135 karma points
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 17:13
  • Huw Reddick 1702 posts 5999 karma points MVP c-trib
    Mar 23, 2023 @ 17:30
    Huw Reddick

I've definitely seen a more recent post than that one, just can't find it at the moment, maybe it was on discord rather than the forum, I'll keep digging.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft