Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ciaran byrne 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 24, 2023 @ 11:55
    ciaran byrne

Creating a landing using existing site elements.

Hi all.

I have a few questions if there's anyone that can help:

First off, I'm new to Umbraco and have been asked to create a landing page, based on an existing site structure, which uses various elements from within the site, eg: contact form, building map, tabbed (image left/content right & vice versa) modules, call-to-action buttons, etc.

Initially, I created a new document type, under the master document type, by allowing an additional 'child' from the 'home' page and selected the compositions I thought I'd need for the landing page.

After a few failed attempts at getting what I want in this manner, I tried deleting the unwanted document type but received an error: 'Server Error. Contact Administrator.' Also, inside the document type I had created, I selected certain compositions for use on the page. After previewing the page in a browser, the elements were not showing how I want them to. With this in mind, I want to deselect some / all of the compositions I've chosen, resave and try again. However, I'm receiving a warning to say: 'Removing a composition will delete all the associated property data. Once you save the document type there's no way back, are you sure?' Does this mean that the associated property data will be removed entirely; or just from the page itself?

At this point, all I really want to do is either remove the unused document type to start afresh; or deselect the unwanted compositions that I'd chosen within the document, resave it and go from there.

Apologies for the long-winded post.

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft