Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pieter Vanderheyden 10 posts 90 karma points
    Mar 30, 2023 @ 11:49
    Pieter Vanderheyden

Save and preview not working for Safari

I've gotten a complaint form a customer that the 'save and preview' button is not working on Safari. Here are the specifics: - Safari 16.3 (18614.4.6.1.6) - macOS Ventura 13.2.1 (Chip: M1) - Umbraco 11.1.0

The problem: When clicking 'Save and preview', the item is saved but no preview window pops up. Also no error is given. On a macbook Air it gives the same issue. Older versions of Umbraco (tested on Umbraco 8.11.1 with the same OS and browser) do work as expected. So no issue there.

I can't find anything about a fix in the release notes of a higher version and I also can't find any bug report on it. Unfortunately, I don't have the tools to check it myself as I only have MS Windows systems.

Has anyone else come across this problem and/or could someone with these (or similar) specs try and reproduce the problem?

Thanks for your help.

• Paul Seal 524 posts 2889 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 04, 2023 @ 11:42
    Paul Seal

Hi Pieter

I was expecting to look up the requirements for Umbraco and tell you that it doesn't support that version of Safari but I was wrong.

I see you have raised an issue in GitHub.

Here are the requirements if anyone is interested.

And here is the Safari Version History

Sorry I couldn't help on this one.

Paul

• Pieter Vanderheyden 10 posts 90 karma points
    Apr 04, 2023 @ 11:47
    Pieter Vanderheyden

Hi Paul

I have to admit, I was also surprised to find Safari in the supported browsers list.

Thanks for your reply and trying to help.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft