Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Megha 8 posts 78 karma points
    Apr 05, 2023 @ 09:43
    Megha

Perform searching in umbraco 11

Hello...! I want to Perform searching like that how can i implement like that enter image description here

Thank you...

• Asembli 81 posts 255 karma points
    Apr 06, 2023 @ 06:49
    Asembli

It is more or less frontend implementation of suggestion-engine like https://twitter.github.io/typeahead.js/ via classic search function placed in surfaceController api:

Umbraco.Cms.Core.IPublishedContentQuery publishedContentQuery
    var results = publishedContentQuery.Search(searchQuery);

So, you move this command to the api (aka surface controller) and sending the typed string to it. The api then searches for you by content and returns, for example, json results with links to pages that you then display in the dropdown.

You can do this without js library, for example like this (mc.Search() is the call to api)

<div class="my-search container-xxl">
        <input type="text" class="form-control search-input border-0" id="search-input" placeholder="Search..." autocomplete="off" spellcheck="false" ng-model="mc.search" ng-model-options="{ debounce: 1000 }" ng-change="mc.Search()">
        <div ng-if="(mc.search.length >= 3) ? 'show': ''" class="dropdown-menu px-3 py-0 my-mega-menu overflow-auto scrollable-container show" ng-cloak>
            <div class="row row-bordered">
                <div class="col my-mega-menu-block p-3">
                    <div class="d-block mega-dropdown-link">Results</div>
                    <ul ng-show="mc.searchResults.length > 0">
                        <li ng-repeat="src in mc.searchResults">
                            <a href="javascript:;" ng-click="mc.linkTo(src.id);mc.HideSearch()" class="text-muted">{{ src.name }}</a>
                        </li>
                    </ul>
                    <div ng-hide="mc.searchResults.length > 0" class="d-block mega-dropdown-link">
                        <span class="text-muted">No results</span>
                    </div>
                </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>

(watch out for debounce so you don't mess up the api)

Regards

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft