Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jace Maniquis 6 posts 92 karma points
    Apr 05, 2023 @ 16:45
    Jace Maniquis

Image colour drastically changes when using crop url parameter with azure cdn

Can anyone experience and / or have a solution alike on what we encountering? Issue is happening given with the following criteria

• Using an Umbraco 10.4.2

• Installed plugin Umbraco.StorageProvider 10.0.0 and Umbraco.StorageProviders.Azureblob 10.0.0

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/azure-blob-storage-provider/

• Can get upload image via CMS
    • Can get / access images

The issue:

Image colour is changing when using a crop url parameter within the media

e.g

Original Image

enter image description here

Image after adding crop url parameter enter image description here

• Huw Reddick 1752 posts 6117 karma points MVP c-trib
    Apr 05, 2023 @ 17:13
    Huw Reddick

What format are the images original and cropped (PNG/jpg) etc.

Does this only occur with images in blob storage, are local images ok?

Apr 06, 2023 @ 08:47
    Jace Maniquis

Hi Huw,

Original image is JPG, it works fine on local images under media folder, issue is only happening when using azure blob

Apr 06, 2023 @ 10:57
    Huw Reddick

Hi Jace,

I will do some testing to see if I get the same

Apr 11, 2023 @ 08:35
    Jace Maniquis

Thanks Huw, would like to ask if have you already tested it on your end and replicated the issue?

Apr 11, 2023 @ 10:06
    Huw Reddick

They look ok my end. Can you check if the original image is actually a jpg and not some other format just with a jpg extension. There have been issues where webm images have been uploaded with a jpg extension which causes issues with the image processing.

Apr 11, 2023 @ 16:26
    Huw Reddick

The only issue is the cropped image is not quite as sharp, but there is no colour change that I can see

Apr 13, 2023 @ 08:47
    Jace Maniquis

Thanks Huw, i'll look into it and be back with you

Apr 14, 2023 @ 08:07
    Jace Maniquis

Hi Huw, I did checked and had progress when troubleshooting but it still didn't fix the issue for me, at first,

i did checked the image and it is a correct jpg image format, tested both on U7 and and U10.

what i did next is that i get the sourcecode of azure blob storage provider https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco.StorageProviders and add it manually on my solution, and then i manually updated the referenced nuget packages Azure.Storage.Blobs into 12.15.1 and SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Providers.Azure into 3.0.1.

At first it fixed the colours for me, when doing a width crop (pasting image below)

But issue comes back when i do format the image using the &format query string, any type of format(jpg, png, webp), changes the colour. in our use case, we need to make all images into webp for site speed purposes (pasting screenshot below with webp format)

i believe it could be either Azure.Storage.Blobs or SixLabors.ImageSharp.Web.Providers.Azure causes the issue

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft