Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sri Nistala 1 post 71 karma points
    Apr 08, 2023 @ 09:28
    Sri Nistala

Umbraco Cloud Member Login Not Working

I'm setting up a protected website on Umbraco Cloud Sandbox and followed the steps in this tutorial https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/tutorials/members-registration-and-login

My login macro snippet has the following code. I have not made any code changes, just used out of box Umbraco Cloud. I have set up a member group and added a member and would like to use local Umbraco users. The login doesn't seem to be working.

When I click the submit button, I stay on the login screen and the login status is always "not logged in".

I'm new to Umbraco and using this as a proof of concept for an application I'm building. Please help!

@inherits Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Macros.PartialViewMacroPage

@using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Models
    @using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Common.Security
    @using Umbraco.Cms.Web.Website.Controllers
    @using Umbraco.Cms.Core.Services
    @using Umbraco.Extensions
    @inject IMemberExternalLoginProviders memberExternalLoginProviders
    @inject ITwoFactorLoginService twoFactorLoginService
    @{
        var loginModel = new LoginModel();
        // You can modify this to redirect to a different URL instead of the current one
        loginModel.RedirectUrl = "/";
    }

<script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.4.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-validate/1.19.0/jquery.validate.min.js"></script>
    <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/jquery-validation-unobtrusive/3.2.11/jquery.validate.unobtrusive.min.js"></script>

@if (ViewData.TryGetTwoFactorProviderNames(out var providerNames))
    {

foreach (var providerName in providerNames)
        {
            <div class="2fa-form">
                <h4>Two factor with @providerName.</h4>
                <div asp-validation-summary="All" class="text-danger"></div>
                @using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm<UmbTwoFactorLoginController>(nameof(UmbTwoFactorLoginController.Verify2FACode)))
                {

<text>
                        <input type="hidden" name="provider" value="@providerName"/>
                        Input security code: <input name="code" value=""/><br/>
                        <button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Validate</button>
                        <div asp-validation-summary="ModelOnly" class="text-danger"></div>
                    </text>
                }
            </div>
        }

}
    else
    {

<div class="login-form">

@using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm<UmbLoginController>(
            "HandleLogin", new { RedirectUrl = loginModel.RedirectUrl })) {

<h4>Log in with a local account.</h4>
                <hr />
                <div asp-validation-summary="ModelOnly" class="text-danger"></div>
                <div class="mb-3">
                    <label asp-for="@loginModel.Username" class="form-label"></label>
                    <input asp-for="@loginModel.Username" class="form-control" />
                    <span asp-validation-for="@loginModel.Username" class="form-text text-danger"></span>
                </div>
                <div class="mb-3">
                    <label asp-for="@loginModel.Password" class="form-label"></label>
                    <input asp-for="@loginModel.Password" class="form-control" />
                    <span asp-validation-for="@loginModel.Password" class="form-text text-danger"></span>
                </div>
                <div class="mb-3 form-check">
                    <input asp-for="@loginModel.RememberMe" class="form-check-input">
                    <label asp-for="@loginModel.RememberMe" class="form-check-label">
                        @Html.DisplayNameFor(m => loginModel.RememberMe)
                    </label>
                </div>

<button type="submit" class="btn btn-primary">Log in</button>

}
    @{
        var loginProviders = await memberExternalLoginProviders.GetMemberProvidersAsync();
        var externalSignInError = ViewData.GetExternalSignInProviderErrors();

if (loginProviders.Any())
        {
            <hr/>
            <h4>Or using external providers</h4>
            if (externalSignInError?.AuthenticationType is null && externalSignInError?.Errors.Any() == true)
            {
                @Html.DisplayFor(x => externalSignInError.Errors);
            }

@foreach (var login in await memberExternalLoginProviders.GetMemberProvidersAsync())
            {

@using (Html.BeginUmbracoForm<UmbExternalLoginController>(nameof(UmbExternalLoginController.ExternalLogin)))
                {
                    <button type="submit" name="provider" value="@login.ExternalLoginProvider.AuthenticationType">
                        Sign in with @login.AuthenticationScheme.DisplayName
                    </button>

if (externalSignInError?.AuthenticationType == login.ExternalLoginProvider.AuthenticationType)
                    {
                        @Html.DisplayFor(x => externalSignInError.Errors);
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
    </div>
    }

• Arun 136 posts 369 karma points
    Aug 02, 2023 @ 05:17
    Arun

I had the same issue,
    I was able to register the member and login,
    but when I edit the member profile from Umbraco's backend, that particular account login is no more working.
    I have verified the issue is occurring after the member profile is edited from the Umbraco Members section.

Upon checking I found that the member was not approved (somehow it changed) after the edit were made. I have upgraded the version to Umbraco 11.4.2 which resolved the issue.

Have you checked the member profile for that user?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft