Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    Apr 14, 2023 @ 10:38
    Nick

Show / hide multiple pieces of content from a block list at a global level - Umbraco 11

Hope somebody can help me,

I have setup a news page within my Umbraco 11 instance which users can create news articles, but there are some elements that a standard repeatable across all these pages and is getting repetive inputting the same info. I've set up a global block list element at root level where this can be managed see screenshot below: enter image description here

This is rendered via a partial within the page template see code below:

@inherits UmbracoViewPage
    @{
        var rootNode = (HomePage)Model.Root();
        var content = (NewsArticlePage)Model;

}
    <section>
        @if (!content.HideAboutSection && rootNode.AboutSection != null && rootNode.AboutSection.Any())
        {
        <div>
            @foreach (var item in rootNode.AboutSection)
            {
                var info = (AboutInfo)item.Content;                                   
                    <h4>@info.InfoTitle</h4> 
                    @info.InfoContent                     
            }
        </div>       
        }
    </section>

And this is how it is rendered on the page see screenshot: enter image description here

So here comes the tricky bit, not all of that content needs to present on the page, at least 1 should be present and possibly upto 3, I've setup a global boolean to show of hide the whole section, but what is required next is there a way to add a dynamic checkbox withn the news page doc type, so the user can swithc on the off the individual global content items they require on these pages? Or is there a better way to achieve this?

Hope that makes sense, if not happy to explain more, any help would be much appreciated from this great community.

Kind regards as ever

• Fiona 16 posts 197 karma points
    Apr 18, 2023 @ 08:39
    Fiona

Hi Nick,

Two possible solutions come to mind:

1) You could make a custom checkbox property editor (https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/tutorials/creating-a-property-editor) that gathers the about items from the root through a controller. In the (partial) view of the NewsArticlePage you could then use the value of the checkboxes in your foreach to only get the checked items.

2) Instead of putting the about items in a block list in the root, you could save them as individual content nodes. If you add a multinode Treepicker to your News Article document type, you can then select which 'about nodes' need to be on each article page.

Hope this helps!

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    Apr 18, 2023 @ 12:46
    Nick

Many thanks Fiona,

After stewing on this for a while I think your 2nd option should work quite nicely, I'll give this a shot and see how it turns out.

Thanks again for your support :-)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft