Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Cort Larsen 418 posts 1015 karma points
    Apr 17, 2023 @ 14:28
    Peter Cort Larsen

Hi,

Just installed Umbraco Forms 11.1.1 on a Umbraco 11.3.0 solution.

Tried several times. Every time i install Umbraco Forms, i loose the connection to the database. Uninstalling forms, re-establish the connection.

I get this DB connect error.

An unhandled exception occurred while processing the request.
        BootFailedException: Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: A connection string is configured but Umbraco could not connect to the database.
    at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Runtime.RuntimeState.DetermineRuntimeLevel()
    at Umbraco.Cms.Infrastructure.Runtime.CoreRuntime.DetermineRuntimeLevel()
    Umbraco.Cms.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException.Rethrow(BootFailedException bootFailedException)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 06:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Peter

Are you still having issues with this? If so what version of Forms did you upgrade from? I'm wondering if perhaps you still have the UmbracoForms plugin in /app_plugins ? If so you should delete the folder and then delete everything from the /umbraco/data/temp folder and then try rebuilding and starting up your solution again.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

/Jan

Apr 21, 2023 @ 06:47
    Peter Cort Larsen

Hi,

Nothing in app_plugins regarding forms.

Deleted temp folder to no avail.

Still cant boot. Reallty strange, the solution has nothing special that should break anything.

• Gurumurthy 52 posts 125 karma points
    May 02, 2023 @ 06:37
    Gurumurthy

Hi,

I am facing this issue, I am installing Umbraco.Forms 11.1.2 on my Umbraco 11.3.0, after installing getting error for DB connecting string, not able to connect to DB, if we un-install Umbraco.Forms, the its connects to DB.

Any issue with latest version of Umbraco Forms or do I am missing any configs related to it.

Let me know how I can resolve this.

enter image description here

Thanks.

May 02, 2023 @ 07:04
    Peter Cort Larsen

Hi,

Sorry for your troubles. I never found a soution. Guess we must pass a project over to the HQ, so they can have a look.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 02, 2023 @ 07:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi again

I'm wondering if perhaps it could be something with SSL? I just remembered that depending on what boxes you tick during the installation of Umbraco you actually might need to add TrustServerCertificate=true; to your connectionstring so the string would look like this

"umbracoDbDSN": "Server=.;Database=<yourdbname>;TrustServerCertificate=true;User Id=<youruserid>;Password=<yourpassword>"

Could this be it?

/Jan

May 02, 2023 @ 07:31
    Gurumurthy

HI Jan,

This "TrustServerCertificate=true;" worked after setting it to connection string. I was facing this issue only when I installed Umbraco Forms.

Now its connecting to Db, but with different error, seems that Umbraco Forms not migrated properly from 8 to 11 now.

I was in mid of migrating my website from Umbraco 8 to 11, along with Umbraco forms.

Any help/support are highly appreciated !

enter image description here

Thanks,

May 02, 2023 @ 10:56
    Gurumurthy

Hi All,

This got resolved, the process followed as per below:

Before migrating v8 Db, I have updated the UmbracoForms v8 to its latest and migrated v8 to v10 and then to v11, then this issue got resolved.

Execute below query, on v11 to resolve error

UPDATE UmbracoKeyValue  
    SET [key]='Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+UmbracoForms_OLD'  
    WHERE [key] = 'Umbraco.Core.Upgrader.State+UmbracoForms' 

Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft