Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith 74 posts 240 karma points
    Apr 18, 2023 @ 13:03
    Keith

Hi All

Does anyone know if there is any URL redirect cleaning job or plugin or API code for Umbraco? Like the new version cleanup functionality?

It seems to me, just from casual observation of the "Redirect URL Management" section and the corresponding database table, that any time someone renames a node in the backoffice, a new redirect URL is created for that node, along with all child nodes. That much makes total sense.

But the issue I have is that the content editors might rename or move node a bunch of times around the time it goes live. So before the end users ever actually see the content, it might have a bunch of redirect urls that will never be used. It gets worse if they go renaming folders with many nodes in them.

It would be nice if there was some way of removing any redirect urls that were created within a few minutes of eachother, or before a specific time or something like that.

Does anyone know of a tool like this?

Many thanks

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 18, 2023 @ 15:56
    Marc Goodson

Hi Keith

Because you only really need the redirects to be created if a 'Published' Url has been indexed in the outside world, just before go live, I tend to just run a delete on the umbracoRedirect table using SQL, to make sure it's a clean starting point.

But I don't know of a tool to do that with a UI, and the dashboard only allows you to remove the one by one.

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft