Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Apr 19, 2023 @ 14:50
    Tony Lorentzen

When I make changes to the stylesheet I'm using for the TinyMCE, I see no changes. Any ideas why? Caching, maybe? I've tried "calling" the css file directly and it shows the correct contents - but in the RTE there's no changes. I've also tried restarting the application. No luck. This is driving me crazy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 06:20
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tony

That indeed sounds really frustrating!

If you do a "view source" or DOM inspect your output from the RTE do you actually see the classes from your stylesheet being applied? Depending on how you've written your styles there might be a mismatch between how the styles are written and how they're applied.

Otherwise it would be helpful to see what your stylesheet setup looks like and what options you have in the RTE to have some visual context :-)

Looking forward to hearing from you!

/Jan

• Tony Lorentzen 85 posts 174 karma points
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 08:30
    Tony Lorentzen

Hi Jan,

What I want for example is to pad around images automatically. I've done this in stylesheet which shows up correctly on the frontend. To make images pad correctly in RTE, I've made an img { padding-top: 0.5em; padding-bottom: 0.5em } - but it takes hours - sometime days - for the change to show up for the backoffice user, meaning I cant make small tweaks for the client quickly. I'm thinking this is caused by caching which might update when the application cycles sometimes. Can I force it to cycle or flush the cache?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 11:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Tony

Do you have a local environment where you can play with some of the cache settings?

I was just about to suggest you tried bumping the client dependency version 😅 but that's not how it works anymore from v9 and forwards - But I think you perhaps should have a look at the different cache settings here and look into if there is a certain combination that works better in your scenario maybe? Because if the new styles get picked up once the application pool recycles it sounds like caching is the issue to me yeah.

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/configuration/runtimeminificationsettings

Hope this helps a bit!

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft