Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• BEWD 90 posts 302 karma points
    Apr 21, 2023 @ 12:02
    BEWD

Discard saved changes in 8.18.7 without publishing and rollback

Hi All

I have a site in Umbraco Cloud currently running 8.18.7. Is it possible that once a page has been edited and saved but not published, that that change can be reversed within Umbraco without having to publish the page and then rollback.

My authors are concerned that the page may be published in error and now want to revert back to the original content on the live site. This apparently used to be possible in previous version but now appears to be a manual job as it doesn't let you rollback to the current published page content. Is it possible to discard a save, and revert the page content in Umbraco to that of the published page?

Thanks

Ben

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 27, 2023 @ 05:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi BEWD

The rollback feature is still available in Umbraco v8 but it's no longer a part of the context menu that appears when right clicking a node. It's moved to the "info" Content/Context App below "Links" to the page where there is a "history" section the Rollback button is placed to the right - It's something that can probably easy be overlooked when one is used to the feature being available elsewhere - Sorry if I misunderstand the question but to me it sounds like the editors think the feature is no longer available, which it is :-)

Hope this helps!

/Jan

• BEWD 90 posts 302 karma points
    Apr 27, 2023 @ 11:37
    BEWD

Hi Jan

Thank you for the response, they have found the rollback area but for example, I lets say I have edited a page and saved it but not published it yet, And then there is a change of mind. You used to be able to go back to the Current Published Version and rollback to it. I know that the live page is still showing the current published version but the CMS is not. Unless you can rollback the CMS version you always run the risk of someone coming along and publishing that page, which is not what is wanted.

This used to be possible in earlier v8 .4 but not in 8.18

enter image description here

• Lawrence Winstead 2 posts 72 karma points notactivated
    Jan 17, 2024 @ 14:32
    Lawrence Winstead

...Where's the authoritative response to this? I'm at this exact point, where changes have been made to a page and saved but NOT published. Now I want to roll back those changes to the last published state. How is that done?

BEWD, did you ever figure this out? I hope to god you come back and read this thread again, because finding info out for Umbraco is a total nightmare and is one of the worst aspects of it...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft