Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil 37 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 24, 2023 @ 12:55
    Neil

Restriciting users to specific Document Types

Does anyone know if it's possible (or if there's a plugin / code snippet) to restrict access to specific document types (as in, the ones you create yourself, not the top level ones; content/media/members etc)?

I know you can restrict access by back office "section" or by explicit nodes, but I can't see anything for restriciting document types.

The primary use case we have is that about 50% of the element types we use in our block grid editor are not ones that the majority of our editors need - so we are looking for a way to hide them from those users.

But it also got me thinking about users that control small parts of the site (e.g. we have an "event" document type - and it would be nice if "event editors" could only create these type, and not anything they like under the events archive page).

• Marc Goodson 2144 posts 14347 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    Apr 25, 2023 @ 09:07
    Marc Goodson

Hi Neil

Have a look at the 'Clip' package in the Umbraco Marketplace

https://marketplace.umbraco.com/package/clip.umbraco

Is that the kind of thing you are after?

(or are your needs more nuanced with regard to blocks? - it's not clear if it handles that)

First thought would be the EditorModel notification is fired just before content is loaded into the backoffice for editing - https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/notifications/editormodel-notifications - I'm wondering if inside that you could check who is logged in and adjust the configuration of the block grid accordingly, I've done similar things with the old grid, but I'm not sure if the new grid is as open to manipulation!

regards

Marc

• Neil 37 posts 201 karma points
    Apr 26, 2023 @ 10:56
    Neil

Cheers Marc,

Clip seems to do one job for us, and I'll give that EditorModel idea a try for the rest.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft