Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• AWatters 33 posts 174 karma points
    May 02, 2023 @ 10:23
    AWatters

Error installing version 11 - Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoLanguage'.

Trying to install Umbraco 11 locally. This is the first U11 I've done, and have installed .NET 7 (and updated Visual Studio). I have run all the commands as normal and hit dotnet run. Initially I was getting an error about Trusted Connections to my local SQL Express so I've added TrustServerCertificate=True", to the end of the connection string. Now I'm getting the following:

Exception (d459128d).
    Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'umbracoLanguage'.
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString, Boolean isInternal, Boolean forDescribeParameterEncryption, Boolean shouldCacheForAlwaysEncrypted)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean isAsync, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean& usedCache, Boolean asyncWrite, Boolean inRetry, String method)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at Microsoft.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in C:\projects\dotnet\src\MiniProfiler.Shared\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 223

Any ideas what else I should try? The database is still empty.

• AWatters 33 posts 174 karma points
    May 02, 2023 @ 14:37
    AWatters

I think this is related to a package I was installing with the initial install. Once I tried without it it installed fine. Have contacted the package providers.

ETA - it seems if I install Umbraco first and run etc without the package, then install the package separately it works ok. Bit of a pain but good to know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft