Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jessica R. Williams 5 posts 35 karma points
    May 06, 2023 @ 00:25
    Jessica R. Williams

Backoffice Copying Content Error Only in Live Environment - Umbarco Cloud 10.4.2

Umbarco Cloud 10.4.2

This project has a Live environment as well as Development environment. The problem described is only happening in the Live environment.

My question is ultimately - why is the error described below happening and what do I need to do to fix it?

When a Backoffice user copies content (Main Menu > Content Section > Open the Content section tree > Right click any node in the Content Section Tree > Click copy) in the Live environment, an error displays "Failed to copy content. Server error: Contact administrator, see log for full details. Failed to copy content." However upon refreshing the page the copied content is present.

The logged error meets the search criteria @MessageTemplate='No property type found with alias {PropertyType} on content type {ContentType}.

Regardless of the content copied/the content's document type the {PropertyType} = "PropType" while {ContentType} varies. e.g. No property type found with alias "PropType" on content type "logos". OR No property type found with alias "PropType" on content type "tileGroup".

Other consistencies in the error in Production:

Source Context = Umbraco.Deploy.Contrib.ValueConnectors.NestedContentValueConnector

ActionId = b99bfb22-c3d3-4d7c-bc18-379f37347d93

ActionName = Umbraco.Cms.Web.BackOffice.Controllers.ContentController.PostSave (Umbraco.Web.BackOffice)

RequestId = 80000241-0000-a400-b63f-84710c7967bb

RequestPath = /umbraco/backoffice/umbracoapi/content/PostSave

A search of the database shows no property with alias "PropType" in table dbo.cmsPropertyType in either environment.

Attempting to delete the copied content (after refreshing the screen so the copied content is accessible) via a comparable path as described above for copying results in the error "Failed to delete item ####. Exception Details : One or more errors occurred. (Exceptions were thrown by listed actions. (invalid deletion count: 5 vs docCount=1 (resource: BufferedChecksumIndexInput(SimpleFSIndexInput(path="C:\home\site\wwwroot\umbraco\Data\TEMP\ExamineIndexes\ExternalIndex\segments_1k")))))" No entries are added to the logs.

Again, upon refresh the content is deleted (although it is not deleted from the database).

The same action taken in the development environment does not result result in any errors. Although looking through the log history does show errors that meet the search criteria search criteria @MessageTemplate='No property type found with alias {PropertyType} on content type {ContentType}. within the past month.

My question is ultimately - why is the error described above happening and what do I need to do to fix it?

Thank you!

• Owain Williams 479 posts 1410 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    May 11, 2023 @ 08:59
    Owain Williams

Hi, I found this post because I had a similar issue but the only fix I could find was to delete the physical Examine Index files from the server.

If you go to the Settings Tab in the backoffice and clicke on Examine Management, can you see the Examine indexes? If you get an error then it could be the Examine files are corrupt.

I tried a site reboot and that didn't fix it so I then went to the Temp folder and deleted the ExternalIndex folder. This forces the site to rebuild the index and everything was then fixed.

O.

May 17, 2023 @ 15:21
    Jessica R. Williams

Thanks again Owain. This did end up resolving the problem! I really appreciate you sharing the solution.

For anyone following this chain who doesn't know where the Examine Indexes live in the Cloud environment here is what worked for me in Umbraco 10 Cloud:

-Login to Umbraco Cloud Go the Project (not one of the environment’s Backoffice)

-Click the project name - not one of the environments

-For the environment wanted click the down arrow to the right of the environment name

-Select ‘Power tools (Kudo)’

-Login with usual Umbraco Cloud credentials

-In the nav bar click the down arrow to the right of ‘Debug console’

-Select the terminal of your choice

-Navigate to site/wwwroot/umbraco/Data/TEMP

-Either through the GUI or the terminal delete directory ExamineIndexes

-Return to the Project (should still be open in another tab)

-For the environment wanted click the down arrow to the right of the environment name

-Select ‘Restart environment'

-The indexes will slowly rebuild.

May 11, 2023 @ 16:22
    Jessica R. Williams

Thanks so much Owain! You are correct, I've just checked and the Examine indexes won't load.

This problem is happening in our production environment so I am going to wait until low traffic hours to delete the index folder and rebuild the indexes so I can't yet say whether this resolved the problem but I'm hopeful.

Thanks again for offering this information! I really appreciate it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft