Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Siegenfeldt 4 posts 24 karma points
    May 10, 2023 @ 13:13
    Siegenfeldt

Hello!

I'm having issues with an Umbraco website in progress. The problem has appeared seemingly out of nowhere...It has worked, and suddenly stopped working.

The problem:

In the media library, when either drag n' dropping or uploading files by selecting them via the input, a progress bar fills to 100% and nothing further happens.

However, when selecting from the "create" menu and uploading a file with a media type. Everything works fine.

I have searched both Umbraco logs and server logs, with no luck. Also, there is plenty of space left on the server (not using a load balanced setup btw).

Any good ideas on why this happens?

Umbraco 11.1.0

Thanks in advance,

Emil

• Case 12 posts 175 karma points admin hq
    May 13, 2023 @ 21:30
    Case

Could you open the console and then upload the image and see if it throws any errors there?

Another thing how big is the media item?

May 14, 2023 @ 21:07
    Siegenfeldt

The console shows no valuable information - only that PostAddFile hangs/stalls - but no warnings/errors, nor any information on why it hangs.

Just tried uploading a .PNG (20x20 px solid color) with 4kb size. - same result.

• Gabor Ferencz 36 posts 167 karma points
    Aug 18, 2023 @ 06:15
    Gabor Ferencz

Hi Emil,

Have you found a fix to this?

I've got the same issue right now!

Aug 18, 2023 @ 06:31
    Siegenfeldt

Hi

Yes - It was a lucky punch.

It was a development environment, so I haven't set up any SSL-encryption on it. But after putting an Nginx in front of the Kestrel-server and adding a SSL-certificate through LetsEncrypt it worked.

Give it a try - Hope it works! :)

Have a nice weekend!

• Gabor Ferencz 36 posts 167 karma points
    Aug 18, 2023 @ 06:35
    Gabor Ferencz

That's strange. This is on our soon t be production environment, and there is ssl and encryption on the server. We are hosting in Azure App services... Do you have UseHTTPS turned on in Umbraco config?

Aug 18, 2023 @ 06:38
    Siegenfeldt

I'm not sure - the server was taken down a few weeks ago, so I can't check. But I think it was more or less a standard config.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft