Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 84 posts 451 karma points
    May 14, 2023 @ 13:49
    Nick

Deep linking hashed page urls using Content picker

Hi,

Wondered if some could help me if this is possible, I'm using bootstrap 5 tabbed content component within my Umbraco 11 project which renders out product content within each tabs see below image:

enter image description here

Now these tabs are generated via separate content nodes within the parent page is below image:

And each of these tabs generat a hashed url so each individual tab has it's own unique page url which can be direct linked se image below:

Here comes the problem, if I wanted to deep link to these tabbed pages from other pages from within the Umbraco I can use the Content picker but this only can select the parent page, not the hashed url, can this be achieved using the content picker, or any other solution I'be overlooked?

As always any help would be much appreciated :-)

• Marc Goodson 2141 posts 14344 karma points MVP 8x c-trib
    May 14, 2023 @ 19:07
    Marc Goodson

Hi Nick

I'm wondering if you could create a Custom UrlProvider for your 'Tab' document Type, so that if it were picked and you called .Url() your custom UrlProvider would fire first in the queue of UrlProviders and then you could generate it's Url as being the parent Url + the anchor # of the tab?

There is an example here in the docs where the word 'fish' is added onto the URLs of all product page types which is similar...

https://docs.umbraco.com/umbraco-cms/reference/routing/request-pipeline/outbound-pipeline#example-1

regards

Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft