Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Jones 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 14, 2023 @ 14:57
    Tom Jones

Login page infinite loading spinner, unable to login

I have a simple blogging website on version 10.x which I had switched off for a while because it's still under construction and I don't want to pay for AWS RDS instance running 24/7 just yet.

Anyway, I just switched it back on, went to /umbraco where I was advised it needed an upgrade, pressed ok and now I can't login - nothing happens when entering credentials, there's just an endless spinner on the submit button. The last record on the network tab on Chrome dev tools is an XHR request for "PostLogin", stuck in the state of "pending".

I've checked the umbracoUser table on the database and it hasn't been disabled/locked out etc., so what's the problem here? There are no obvious error messages in the server logs, nor in the /umbraco/Logs folder.enter image description here

• Tom Jones 17 posts 148 karma points
    May 24, 2023 @ 19:14
    Tom Jones

After spending countless hours and trying a hundred different things, this was resolved by rebooting the server...no idea what the cause was or why a reboot fixed it but hopefully this saves someone a headache in the future.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft