Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Axel Dalbard 3 posts 73 karma points
    May 25, 2023 @ 09:23
    Axel Dalbard

Listing recent activity of all users within current user's user group in a custom dashboard

Hi fellow Umbraco developers!

I am currently creating a custom dashboard where I, among other things, want to display users' recent activity in the backoffice. I've created a custom dashboard and I've succesfully created a "My Recent Activity" box according to this tutorial: Creating a Custom Dashboard. As the name suggests, this box displays the current user's recent activities in the backoffice. The logic for fetching the current user's activity is exactly as stated in the tutorial, with the only difference being the visualization of the data:

enter image description here

Now I am looking to create a "My Team's Recent Activity" box where the box will show recent activity for all the users within the current user's user group.

I'm not interested in installing any NuGet packages that solve this issue since I want to build my own for extending purposes in the future.

My question is then, is it possible to fetch all users' recent activity within the current user's user group in a simple way, similar to the tutorial linked above? With simply a dashboard view and an AngularJS controller, or do I need achieve this in some other way?

All the best!

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    May 25, 2023 @ 13:59
    Dan Diplo

I know you say you don't want to use another package, but have you looked at https://github.com/enkelmedia/TheDashboard ? Even if you don't use it, you can browse through the source code to see how it works. In this case you have a service that makes SQL calls and this is consumed by an API Controller that can spit out the JSON that the AngularJS can consume.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft