Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank McKenna 12 posts 83 karma points
    May 25, 2023 @ 16:10
    Frank McKenna

Back office content does not match "Umbraco.config" file

Hello,

I've encountered a confusing issue which I believe may be related to caching.

Checking the DB field for a particular page I see the latest content. Similarly, checking the "Umbraco.config" file shows an entry that matches the content in the DB field.

However, when I load the "back office" for this page it shows "older" content. What I've tried to resolve this:

• Clearing all cookies and history then closing browser (chrome)
    • Doing the same with other browsers (Firefox/opera)
    • In the back office, selecting "content > republish entire site"
    • Deleting the "Umbraco.config" file and restarting the "app_pool" for the site, with the "Umbraco.config" file recreated

In all cases the DB record and the config file contents match, however, the back office "page content" does not.

Looking on the forums and at the documentation for our version (7.15.7) I can't see a reason for this unless there is another caching mechanism which affects the rendering of back office content?

I would appreciate any advice on this, am I missing something obvious?

Thanks.

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 26, 2023 @ 23:16
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Frank,

Are you by any chance handling multiple sites in the same solution?

That's a scenario where I've seen this happen before, e.g.: Sometimes your webhost will have a way to add a subdomain and point it to the same Umbraco folder as your main domain. This way you can easily point them to effectively two different sites in the same installation - but if they're not handled by the same IIS instance, some kind of load-balancing havoc in Umbraco kicks in...

/Chriztian

• Frank McKenna 12 posts 83 karma points
    Jun 01, 2023 @ 07:26
    Frank McKenna

Hello Chriztian, apologies for the delayed response.

We have a "single site-multi tenant" approach setup where we have one file server with the site (and the "umbraco" folder/files).

We host this site on our own server with Cloudflare as a DNS provider (I think) - I'm unsure if caching on Cloudflare "edge servers" could be a potential cause of this problem, currently looking into this.

As far as I know we do have load balancing applied through Cloudflare - I'm going to discuss this with our infrastructure Engineers to confirm the setup.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft